Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My plans for the next few months

Well, it's been a long time since I've posted in this blog. It might be a good time to talk about some of the things that have been going on during that time, at least about my writing. Since the last post, which discusses the first five chapters of Mr. Gravedigger's Apprentice, I have completed another short story, started another one and finished another six chapters of Gravedigger. I'm currently focusing on Gravedigger at the moment, since the flow seems to be so good with a couple of other projects on the back burner.

I also have an account on figment.com! figment.com is a story sharing site, where writers may put up some of their work for everyone to see. I've posted a few of my short stories there and planning on posting more as soon as I get around to editing them to the point where I feel comfortable sharing them. The site is geared more towards teenagers I've been finding, so many of my more adult books might be unwelcome and I still have to find an outlet for those stories. In the meantime, go on and check it out.  http://figment.com/users/33809-Eric-Rawlinson. Send them love!

Other bits of exciting news, my good friend Nicole is now working on the Believer graphic novel again. It's very exciting. My friends Etienne and Nicole are both very talented illustrators and they're also looking for opportunities for gainful employment in their craft.  They both are keen on working with me on my projects and I am more than happy to do so. From illustrating my work to just encouraging my craft, I cannot thank them enough for their contributions. So I'm going to plug them to... the number of you that read my blog. Here they are:

Nicole Connors Tumblr: http://nrconnors.tumblr.com
Etienne Buxton's website: www.etiennebuxton.com

That has been the past (and maybe a bit of the future) and the title of this article does say next few months. Well, within the next few months, I plan to finish at least two thirds of Gravedigger. I'm already a third finished, so another third in three months will be no problem, if I don't have it done by this time next month. Wait, of course I will. I'm about a quarter of the way through that third now. (Wrap your heads around that math if you want.) Also I wish to and will be doing some more collaborative work with both Nicole and Etienne. Nicole will be making the Believer graphic novel a reality. And together we may be doing more than just illustration work. I also plan on getting stories together and making them into audio dramas for all of you to enjoy. I just want to figure out sound effects and such, and when I have more information I'll let you guys know. That's all I have short term plans, but I do have bigger and badder ones coming up... maybe just bigger. We shall see how it goes.

Due to lack of funds, I'm not sure if I can make it to some of the conventions I want to go to. It's sad I know, but there is one that's free and I will be there. We shall see how it goes.

Well, that's it for me and my stomach, I'll talk to you guys soon
Peace and blessings
Eric Rawlinson
110614

No comments:

Post a Comment