Saturday, April 9, 2011

Dinner Parties

"If you held a dinner party, and could invite anyone, fact or fiction, who ever existed, who would you invite?"

This question was put to me a while ago and I started to compile names. But then I came to an interesting conclusion. If it were possible to invite anyone to my party, then I should be able to be invited to theres. That would be far more interesting for me. If I had a party with Nero Wolfe, Darth Vader and the Duke of Wellington, that wouldn't be very fun for them. But if I were to be invited to go to Freedom Hall to meet Harshaw and a streak? Now that would be awesome! In fact, I'd make a day of it!

I think I'd start with breakfast at Gormenghast, where the food is exquisite and the company is eccentric. Then lunch with Darth Vader in Empire Strikes Back. I always wanted to know what was discussed and what was served. And of course, tea at the Mad Tea Party, I couldn't pass that up. And Dinner at Wolfe's, with the company of a genius to pass the time. And round it all off with a drink at Valhalla and sing a warriors song.

So my question to you is, if you could have a meal anywhere, fact or fiction, whenever wherever, where would it be?

Peace and blessings
Eric Rawlinson
20110409

No comments:

Post a Comment