Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Gravekeeper's Apprentice

I've just finished the first draft of the first chapter of my next book. I'm calling it 'The Gravekeeper's Apprentice'. The story is set in a world where most of the dead are buried in a massive graveyard, where ghosts, skeletons and zombies roam. And watching over all of them is the Gravekeeper. I started working on this story about a year ago as a little joke, after seeing all the cool steam-punk cosplayers at FanExpo. I thought about what my own steam punk character would look like and it slowly turned into a bit of a story.

So far, the story is about the struggle between tradition and change and how it affects everyone with a certain viewpoint. And its a battle between the informed and the ignorant. And of course, it'll have elements of the mater and apprentice as well. Oh, you want to know the plot? Well, that I'm keeping to my chest for the next little bit. I'm sharing the story with a few people for encouragement and editorial support, but I don't want to reveal to much about it until I at least have book one finished. Oh yes, I have concepts for about three mini stories, but the whole work will be published in one volume. Alright, here's a bit of a hint. I've already named the first three books. The first book will be called First Night. The second will be called Carnival. The third book will be called Vampire. Not much of a hint, I guess, but we'll see how it goes.

I'll keep you all posted on this project, now that I've found some steam for it. I'll report back soon.

Peace and blessings
Eric Rawlinson
110428

No comments:

Post a Comment