Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Why I Don't Write When I'm Sick...

Okay, so I've said time and time again that I do not write while I'm sick. Well, I do, but I usually reject everything I write while I'm sick. When I'm sick I come up with ideas that I think, at the time, are these wonderful great ideas that need to be shared with everyone. Like this blog post explaining why I shouldn't write when I'm sick. See what I mean? Let me give you an example today.

Okay, while in a dehydrated, fever stupor I came up with this idea for a short story maybe novel. It's about a woman who meets a guy and they become intimate. However, during intimacy, she becomes psychically connected to this man so that during their intimacy, they become one conciousness. She knows everything about him and he knows everything about her. They become one. Afterwards, she lost and confused as to who she really is, him or her as she has both his memories and her memories. But it gets better/worse. It turns out that this power/occurance is actually a sexually transmitted disease and now she is a carrier. So every time she's intimate with someone, she gains their memories, hopes, fears, whatnot and vise versa and then they too get the same disease the same way.

Great idea, right?

That's a tame one. It was pretty intense when I thought about it, but I was having a fever dream at the time. It was just too surreal. I could feel myself in that scenario and it was driving me nuts. So I wrote down some of what I was feeling:

This is what our minds have been waiting for...

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I don't write while I'm sick.

Peace and blessings
Eric Rawlinson
20110302

1 comment: