Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Grandma Hannah: One Week Later

Okay, so I've been sick for the last couple of days with flu/cold/something that makes everything in my body hurt and have a bad cough. Diagnoses are welcome but unnecessary. I've broken my rule about posting something at least every other day, but not the more important rule of never to write when I'm sick. I'm still sick, but I'm not here to rant about my body functions. I want to talk a little about my novel.

I've put all of the chapter first drafts into one document to give you these impressive statistics. Grandma Hannah, Fool Hannah is 49 pages long, single spaced with each chapters starting on a new page. The first draft is 19,851 words long. This unfortunately takes it out of the running for a Nanowrimo candidacy. *shrugs*. I expect that number to double by the time the fifth draft happens. The second draft is being done chapter by chapter as the old one was and I will probably continue to work on the book the same way until I'm comfortable with having it just as one long manuscript.

So there is an update. Its not much, but you deserve such. My headache tells me that writing is bad right now, so I'm going to sleep it off. I'll keep you posted.

Peace and blessings
Eric Rawlinson
20110301

No comments:

Post a Comment