Friday, February 25, 2011

The Next Couple of Months

So, looking back on my goals as a writer list, I was short sighted. The thing I said I wasn't going to be able to do this year has been done. So much for foresight. Now I have a book, or at least the first draft of the book, written. Now its time to plan out how I'm going to spend the rest of the year.

I have a couple of plans that I want to do, but some of them cost money. Quite a bit of money. I want to publish my anthology into a book and possibly sell it. And I also want to do a bit of traveling. So I think what I need to do is get a part time job. Social assitance allows me to survive with food and shelter, but doesn't give me much extra.

Whether I like it or not, I'm going to need a new computer soon. This one is dying on me as it is and makes lovely noises. I'm thinking about getting a netbook or something small that I can just put on my desk and use for writing and maybe a few videos once and awhile. My computer game playing days are slowly going away, and with something like a notebook they might disappear altogether. I need a computer to write though. Writing by hand takes to long for me and I would never have written Grandma Hannah on paper.

Self publishing takes a bit of money as well, but I want to try it out for my short story collection. I've been looking at some printing places and it can be a little steep. But if I plan on selling them, I might make some of the money back. Its having the money first that might be a problem. So yet. job it might have to be. Starting to suffer for my art. Well, at least it will be an experience.

Keep you guys updated.

Peace and blessings
Eric Rawlinson
20110225

No comments:

Post a Comment