Sunday, December 26, 2010

Affirmations

I wrote recently that sometimes, when you least expect it, the most amazing things happen to change your life forever. It is also true that sometimes the most amazing things happen to affirm the things you already know. This Christmas has been a very good time for affirming, confirming and amazing me in so many ways. A few happened Christmas Eve dinner and one happened a few minutes ago watching TV.

During Christmas Eve dinner, one of my hosts brought up orgaization and writing a piece. And she said the best way was to write it as though it were going to the trash, and then make it perfect later. This was the lesson I had taught myself recently and she spoke it, a little more elequently than I would have put it, without any prompting from me before or since she spoke it. It was as if the universe had just spoke to me, to show me that others know what I have already known and it works. It was magical and amazing.
The other affirmation came rather strangely. I've been debating whether or not to take up locksmithing as a prefession. People have been asking me 'why locksmithing'. It's always hard to say because I've seen the signs pointing the way. And now this one is definite. Inside my Christmas cracker was a combination lock. Its not a very good one, in fact it's quite broken even 24 hours later. But it's a lock, given to me at random. Or is it? Maybe something is telling me yet again to pursue that path, whether it wants me to pursue a career in locksmithing or just step in it for a bit. Either way, I shall.

And now the last, just a few hours ago watching the new Doctor Who Christmas Special on Space. Recently I've been very disheartened with movies and TV. So many concepts just feel so unorignial, and though its been my philosophy that originality is rare, I've found that many of them are also very tired and uninteresting. I was beginning to despair that all writers were out of ideas entirely. Then I saw the special and it blew my mind. Not only was it an amazing, touching and heart warming episode, I am hard pressed to think of a better episode of Doctor Who ever. Matt Smith may just have become my favorite Doctor of all time and Steven Moffat has definitely proven to me there are good writers out there and that there is still hope for my craft to be legitimate. So long as we go to Brittan and work there of course. It was so heartwarming and amazing.

So, my mind is set, my path is clear and I have been given hope. Good things are to come for sure. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Peace and Blessings
Eric Rawlinson
20101226

3 comments:

  1. OH my God. This has given me hope. I'm so glad I read this. You rock. You rock my socks, and you'll rock the socks off the world. :)

    PS...you made me want to watch the christmas special really badly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the wonderful XMas eve / XMas day - it meant a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete