Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Psycho Duck's Journal: Part 2

Log 2

I've just met my first fairy tale character. At least, I think I have. I met her outside the woods I mentioned before. The woods is one of those dark and spooky numbers, complete with glowing eyes and weird bird calls. I was having a sit down when I noticed a girl wandering around the edge of the woods, looking lost and confused. Okay, so she's more like a young woman looking lost and confused. A very pretty young woman looking lost and confused. She's very beautiful, with hair as black as ebony, lips as red as blood stained roses, and whiter than a goth in a bikini. I decided to help her out. If she didn't need help, she might be able to help me.

When I approached however, she screamed and started throwing loose objects at my head. This is how most people react when they first see a me. When I finally was able to convince her that I was not a demon, she kept calling me a dwarf. Hey, I'm 4'9”. I am not a dwarf. It took about twenty minutes for her to stop throwing crab apples and finally come out of the tree. And it took little longer to finally get her story.

She doesn't remember much. She doesn't even remember her own name. All she had, and still has, are flashes of fear and feeling lost. All she could remember was that her stepmother had ordered her out the woods, and she had been taken in by a group of miners in the mountain. She remembers there were seven of them.

Beautiful girl, step mom, mountain miners and fascination with
dwarfs. Ding. I came to the conclusion that she was Snow White. So it was safe to conclude that this story was Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. I got my first text message which read “Once upon a time”. My mission is clear. It's time to take Snow White back to her mountain men.

Snow is completely terrified at the prospect of going through the woods, but since that's the way she came, I think it's safe to say the dwarfs are in that direction. But, since night is coming, I feel her fear is justified. I have comforted enough women to know that waiting for morning is probably the better idea. So good night, and I'll see you next time on Psycho Duck's cellphone.

 
Log 3
We woke with the dawn to start our journey. Oooh, epic. Hehehe. Actually, the woods were pretty uneventful. Snow White still had the jitters and jumped at everything for an hour or so. There was a feeling like we were being watched, but the metablade in my hand as a bastard sword would get the message across to any sentient attackers.

I have never smelled air so fresh before. A world untouched by men cutting down trails for tourists and terrain stomped flat for cars. The only trails were those left by migrating animals. It was quite euphoric. No car sounds, no buzzing of distant planes. Just stillness. And birds singing.

At last we made it to the dwarf's house. Hut. Hovel. Shack. Thingy. It was pretty neat. The thing looked like the building ran into the side of the cliff years ago. and decided it liked it there. The
dwarfs were happy to see their cook/maid back, so they danced with joy and pulled her and me inside. They talked to me a lot, though mostly about how happy they were to have Snow White back. But they mentioned some things of interest.

It appears the world is more than a little mixed-up. If a character is separated from their story even by one event, the whole thing seems to fall right out of whack. The
Dwarfs barely knew who each other were until Snow White came back. Men; you take their women away and they fall to pieces on you. But I saw what they meant. Snow White barely knew who she was until I told her. Make a note. Must ask Bookworm about this.

They offered me dinner, which I accepted. Apples are great, but give me a cooked meal
any day. It was a nice stew; potatoes, carrots, and lamb. Absolutely delicious. Note, get the recipe.

One of the dwarfs, apparently the leader, talked with me about the mission and offered to show me something tomorrow that might help. I accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment