Friday, January 21, 2011

Making a YouTube account

So, here's something I've been considering for much longer than I've been considering making a blog: making a YouTube channel, making videos, and posting them there. I've made one before, but that sort of faded away, mostly due to evil people stalking it to hurt my feelings, but also because I became conflicted over what I should be putting on it.


Of course, I worry away as to whether or not I should start making videos. What would I do? What would I say? How would I find my audience? Will I be liked or hated? To me, YouTube is a lot like vaudville of the old days, where anyone who could fit the bill could perform. Of course, the requirements today are just a camera, an internet connection and the ability to click a mouse, but the principle is still the same. Everyone has an act, whether it's good or bad and everyone wants to perform. It has its stars and it has its special attractions and it has performers who just won't quit and will change their act a hundred times just to stay on stage. Hmm, does that mean Fred is like today's Al Jolson? *shudders*


So, of course I have a couple of video ideas and a couple of videos already made up, but there is still the lingering doubt. What am I doing? What do I bring that's new? Who would want to listen to me? And I remind myself my friends like to listen to me, like to read what I have to say. Why not me perform? I can go as the spirit moves me and I willl see as I go. We live in the days of new media, where information spreads like wild fire and even the smallest of the smallest voices can be heard from across the globe. How can I not take advantage of that to spread my word to the world? And so I shall.


Now.... where can I find a camera?


Peace and blessings
Eric Rawlinson
20110121

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! You are a natural performer - you can tell stories like George Burns or do whatever feels right at the time - and damn the torpedos - if there are any, who cares? If only one person enjoys it (and I'm sure we will) it would be worth it, even just do it for your own sake...Break a leg!

    ReplyDelete