Friday, January 14, 2011

Psycho Duck's Journal: Part 4

(For lack of a better post, here's more adventures of the Psycho Duck in Fairy Tale Land. Enjoy!


Peace and blessings
Eric Rawlinson
20110114)


Log 6

Disaster's struck. Snow White is dead.
Or at least, she appears to be. We hurried back to find her on the doorstep to the hut, dead. She showed no life signs... mostly. No pulse, breath or any response to stimulation, though more thorough tests on my part were halted by the dwarfs. I'm no doctor, but she appears to be dead. She doesn't SEEM to be dead though. She doesn't have the same aura as a corpse, as if something still inhabits the body. Her flesh is still warm...ish. Her cheeks and lips are still rosy. Her skin was already white to begin with.

The dwarfs have decided it's time to put her in a coffin, but they couldn't bare to bury her. Bare to bury. Hee hee. Anyway, they made her a glass coffin and placed her in a meadow of apple trees. Speaking of apples, one was found beside Snow White's body. One of the dwarfs believes it was used to poison Snow White by her wicked stepmother, who wanted to kill her for being pretty. Some people are so vain, they probably think this story's about them. It's all well and good, but I wish they had related their theory BEFORE I ate the rest of said apple. It was good by the way. Tasted like almonds.

The leader, proving again to be the bright one, told me that the Prince is expectded to come to her wake to wake her. To her wake to wake her... mmm. Anyway he's late. Probably this 'force tearing the world apart' thing has lead our Prince astray. So now I'm off to find Prince Charming.


Log 7

Day 1 of Prince Search. I've come to another edge of the forest. I can see the outline of a castle and city. But before I can make my way to see if the Prince has left, Bookwyrm texts me and says I'm straying too far. Mighty convenient, this relationship of ours. The all seeing, all knowing Bookwyrm and the henchmen playing Hot and Cold across his land. You're getting warmer Psycho Duck. Colder Psycho Duck. Back a bit Psycho Duck. Use your judgement Psycho Duck. Nerr. Do you know where the Prince is or not? Wait, is this phone spying on me? Meh.

It seems that apples are the primary source of food around here, every other tree has them. The water is clean and fresh. Apples and water are nice, but I still wouldn't mind a nice steak once and while. Or another bowl of that stew. Memo: Still haven't gotten that recipe.

I've also been playing around with the Blue Crystals and I made a breakthrough. While experimenting with two crystals, I stuck them over my eyes. I could suddenly see the city in sharp detail. Metaphoric weapons apparently are not the only useful thing these crystals can make. I furthered experiments and placed two in my ears. The druidic-like animal communication ability that Snow White and other princesses seem to have is no available to me. I suddenly could understand the woodland animals. It's not that I can understand them, like "Hey how's it hanging, can you tell me where the local drug store is?". But I can understand them and communicate with them. It's sort of like... well, it's like sharing an idea or an emotion with another being and getting a
sense of being understood back. If that makes sense. Anyway, this might be useful in my quest to find Prince Fancy Pants.


Log 8

The translator, snug in its new home in my left ear, has helped more than I anticipated. A rabbit and three sparrows have led me to the Prince. This Prince was in a hole. Not a very big hole, but it was indeed a hole. The Prince told me he was riding through the woods looking for Snow White (god knows how he knew) when voices started to mislead him. Voices called him here and there, helter skelter in the summer swelter, the birds... sorry... and he ended up in a hole. He's a Prince. He's charming and chivalrous. No one said anything about these guys had to be bright. Anyway, the feeling of being watched and voices leading characters astray seems to be a pattern that I should look out for.

The prince seems to be an okay fellow, despite being a complete dunce. He's a bit of a romantic
. I gather he lacks experience with women of his own class. Or, in general. He keeps explaining to me how the princess will swoon at his approach and how he will impress her with his insane manliness. Heart of gold material there. When you live in the dark ages, having no brains didn't matter so long as you were rich or could pull a plow. I just hope this guy has the reviving kiss on his lips, for his sake.

This is Psycho Duck, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment