Monday, January 3, 2011

Psycho Duck's Journal: Part 3

Log 4

There really isn't enough room to sleep inside the hut, so I'm sleeping on the roof. It's a nice warm summer night, so it'll be fine. Snow White came up to visit me a little earlier and we started talking about this and that. She told me how much she appreciated all I did for her and how grateful she was. Then she started asking things like, what do I do, where do I come from, is there someone special in my life, what do I look for in women. These questions kind of creeped me out. Snow White is cute, but her story has always kind of irked me. Think about it, girl with white skin, black hair, blood coloured lips who sleeps in a coffin protected by a group of minions and waiting for a prince to come around? Seriously creepy. I politely half lied that there is someone else. She seemed a bit disheartened by this, but we talked about a couple of other things before she went to her own little bed. And I'm left wondering if I should have entertained her romantic ideas a little more.

So I've been playing around with the phone and found an interesting thing. Well, several interesting things. The GPS doesn't just reveal areas I've specifically walked through but bigger parts of the region and labels them as they travel. I am currently in the Forest of Mystery. Apparently similar to the Woods of Enigma, but much different than the Clump of Common Knowledge. He he. The phone also has a catalogue of sorts, containing the character's I have met along the way, such as the Dwarfs and Snow White. While on this idea, maybe I should see if Snow White has a phone number.

Anyway, a long day tomorrow full of adventures. Good night for now.

---
Log 5

The Dwarfs have just given me a tour of the mines. A human wouldn't have been able to enter the catacombs these guys have constructed. Being short and stout myself helped, but it was still a tight squeeze. Tight squeeze or not, I was impressed. These guys have hit the mother load. The mountain is rich with gold, gems, diamonds, coal, silver, tin, copper and almost anything else you would find in a mine, literally littered on the ground. I'm sure it's physically impossible for all of these things to exist in the same place, but this is a fairy tale we're talking about.

The dwarfs led me past more riches than I have ever seen in my life to what they say is “actually worth something”. And surprisingly they did. They introduced me to the Blue Crystals. The Blue Crystals are crystal formations that got their name from their blue colour. Duh. But even underneath hundreds of feet of rocks, with no light source at all, these crystals sparkle and shine, as if shimmering with their own energy.

The leader of the dwarfs seems to be the only one of them aware of their storybook existence. He explained to me that the blue crystals are in fact highly concentrated magic. Literally they are magic in a physical form. It did change my cellphone into a super-sexy-phone. I wonder what else it can do? He explained the meta-blade is actually a large formation. Does that mean blue crystals is raw metaphor waiting to happen? Man this crap hurts my head.

The dwarf was kind enough to give me a bag of these crystals, as payment for bringing Snow White back. Before I could even think of refusing, he wink and mentioned I might need it. We're making our way slowly back home now... Somethings come up. The dwarfs are yelling about something. Psycho Duck, signing off.

---

No comments:

Post a Comment