Friday, January 28, 2011

Psycho Duck's Journal: Part 6

(In his continuing adventures, Psycho Duck takes some time to contemplate his situation. Enjoy!
Peace and blessings
Eric Rawlinson
20110128)
 
Log 10

Its been a day since I've left Snow White, and being alone has given me some time to think. I've been wondering about the problem. I'm told that the fairy tales, how many of them there are, are all being mixed up. How exactly are they being mixed up? Removing key items, messing with events and screwing some characters up is one thing, but what if they were mixed up or distorted in other ways as well. What if the message of the story is being mixed up? What if it's distorted to be something else? More friendly? Violent? Tame? Sexual? Offensive? And if so, what am I to expect and how am I expected to behave? Using my judgment will come without a problem. I'm hired to act?


I think of Snow White. The deviation seemed pretty simple. Leading two characters astray seems simple enough and the problem is solved when the two meet. Is this all I'm supposed to expect? No. The Metablade on my back makes me think that Bookwyrm is expecting more to happen. What am I to expect now? Will I need to fight a big bad wolf? A dragon? An evil step mother? Or will I be forced to do something other than go here, bring this person over there? How has my own personal interaction changed the stories? It was my kiss that Snow White is awake, after all. Maybe I'm thinking too hard about this one. It's not like Bookwyrm is swooping in and saying, "Look, it's not working out, here's your severance". And how many stories do I have to do?

Thinking about the subject, I thought it would been a good idea to actually write down some of the fairy tales I'm aware of. I must admit my knowledge of fairy tales is limited to Disney, knock off Disney, imitation Disney, copy cat direct to DVD Disney and the picture books you find in the waiting room at child psychologists. Here is what I could come up with.

Snow White (Done)
Cinderella
The Little Mermaid
The Three Bears
The Three Pigs
Beauty and the Beast
King Arthur
Johnny Appleseed
The Tortoise and the Hare
Cinderella, wait I said that. How do you back space on this thing?
The Three Musketeers

I'm sure more will come
to me later. I can't seem to think very well. It's as if there is a presence pressing down on me.


Oh well. Psycho Duck, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment