Saturday, February 12, 2011

Chapter 1: Discouragment

So, I've finished the a very very rough first chapter of my book. Not much sustenance on it at all, mostly dialogue which is how I roll to begin with. But I look at this as an accomplishment. Now I have a wired frame for the rest of the story, a head if you will. It needs work, but that is to be expected. Write for the trash, my mentor said. It doesn't matter what your first draft looks like, eighty percent of it will not exist when the final comes. It's true. I've been looking over the early drafts of Song for a Muse recently and I've found myself looking at a stranger. It was weird.

But the book is coming along slowly and hopefully I'll be able to write more once the headache goes away. I'll keep you guys updated.

Best wishes. Peace and blessings
Eric Rawlinson
20110212

No comments:

Post a Comment