Monday, February 14, 2011

Chapter 4: Loose

Remember when I said that I've passed writing the hardest part. Well, I was wrong. Very wrong. In fact, I can only see this book getting harder to write from here on out. Welcome to the point where what I've written, what I'm writing and my six months worth of notes crash into a heap and I have to sift through the wreckage.

Okay, so it's not as bad as it sounds. I'm still able to write my story but already I'm having continuity issues. I'm promising myself that I'm not going to go back until I've finished at least a working draft of this book from beginning to end. I have to do this or I'll never stay sane enough to finish. But changes have to be allowed, even on a moment's notice so that the story can make more sense to write. I learned a while ago that sometimes the smallest problems can halt your project and they have to be altered in order for you to continue.

I'm not happy with Chapter 4. Not at all. It's very very loose. But as I've been saying, frame work. It's all that this book is going to end up being by the end of the first draft. Literally a page of this chapter is nothing but dialogue with no connection between them. No he said she said they said. Just "I like dogs" "Why do you like dogs" "I don't know, let me ask my manager". No, that's not dialogue from the book, just an example. But it's that sort of thing.

Chapter five I'm looking forward to a little bit more, since I have that scene almost completely written, at least planned out in notes and in my brain. That I don't have to much of a problem with. Chapter 6 is not so planned, but at least nothing too too darasticly mind blowing is going to happen. For the life of me, I have no godly idea what's going to happen in chapter 7, but I have a theory. Chapter 8 and beyond, I'm playing by ear. I know I have some notes on what might happen, okay will happen, I just need to figure out the glue.

So overall, it's stressful, and I'm not happy, but I am very excited about this whole project. I'll keep you guys posted after each chapter I write like this, talking about my struggles and my thoughts. Hopefully a new update will be soon.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Peace and blessings
Eric Rawlinson
20110214

No comments:

Post a Comment