Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Chapter 5: Overcoming the block

So, to start off, I had this really cool idea that seems to be working well. I've been trying hard not to go back to the earlier chapters and work on them while I'm on this, let's face it, impressive stream of writing, moving forward, not backwards. But what if I come up with an idea for an earlier chapter? How do I do that without editing and reworking. Simple. Make a notes page for individual chapters and write down notes in those files as things come to me. That way, I can even move notes from my other note files into where I want them to be specifically in the story without having to sift through a lot of notes looking for something awesome I've written earlier. I'm such a genius.

Now that I'm done being nervous, had a bit of a block today while writing the fifth chapter, but I'm over it now. It gets hard to write when depressed, and I think one of the things I should seriously do is stop calling the book crap. Even if it is and just call it what it really is. A start. This is the beginning of a journey for me as much as it is a journey for my characters. We're both experiencing this journey together. And we shall get to the end better for having traveled it.

Chapter 6? I hope to get that done soon. And I'm sure I can talk more, but I don't want to ramble to long. I just want to shout out to my friend Etienne who's helped a lot with his friendship and encouragement. Thanks bro. And for the rest of you, thanks for your support as well. Hopefully this book will be done soon...ish and I will be able to share it with all of you.

Peace and blessings
Eric Rawlinson
20110215

No comments:

Post a Comment