Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Grandma Hannah, Fool Hannah: First Draft

Seven months ago, almost to the day, I began working on a short story called Caught in the Rain. It was a small modern fantasy tale about a young woman who has a tryst with two forest spirits after being betrayed by the man she loves. I've yet to complete the story, but it was my hope that it would become one of the Glimpse through the Curtains short stories. Then, on a whim, I started another short story. It was about the same woman, but years afterward, on her death bed, speaking to her granddaughter. What she told her granddaughter would begin the woman's own glimpse through the curtains. Then I thought to myself, hey, I could make this into a book. And that's exactly what I did.

I'm pleased and excited to announce that I have completed the first draft of my first book. Its working title is 'Grandma Hannah, Fool Hannah'. Its just under 20,000 words and currently it riddled with grammatical errors and plot holes you could drive a truck through. But it's a start. And I thought Forgiveness was good work for under six months from conception to first draft.

I can't say how proud I am for being able to do this. With this book, I've realized that I have the determination and the patience to undertake a book. I've written a book! The work has only begun, but the beginning is always important.

Thank you to my fans and my friends who cheered me on these last few weeks. Thank you so much.

I'm going to attempt to do a couple of drafts by myself before I start looking for editors, but I will certainly let you all know when I'm ready. And hopefully, it will be soon. As always, I'll keep you guys posted.

Peace and blessings
Eric Rawlinson
20110223

No comments:

Post a Comment