Sunday, February 13, 2011

Chapter 2 and 3: I'm in the zone

So last night and this morning, I powered through Chapter 2 and 3 of my book. And in the end, I have two made for the dumpster chapters. This is excellent. I should probably stop using garbage metaphors, since it might be discouraging. What's better? Frame work? Armatures. Got to make a skeleton before you can attach the muscle.

Mostly the story consists of the dialogue and some random thoughts of the main character as she speaks in first person. This was how I wanted the story to be told and now, I'm not so sure. It has it's limitations, mainly making the story disjointed and at this point incredibly short. But it does make for a good first draft and motivation to actually write this fucker-I mean masterpiece. I've been working on it for about six months and in two days I finally get the third chapter done and out of the way.

This is one of the hardest parts, mainly cause the first three chapters are the part of the story I didn't even have concepts for. I had random lines of dialogue and strangely conflicting notes, which are always discouraging. But now, I'm just going to have conflicting chapters! *cries* Overall, I'm proud of my accomplishments. I've got and outline, I've written three chapters and I'm about to start chapter 4, if I don't go to work on A Glimpse through the Curtains edits.

Anyway, that's my thoughts so far. I'll keep you guys you guys up to date with progress.

Peace and blessings
Eric Rawlinson
20110213

No comments:

Post a Comment