Thursday, February 10, 2011

In The Air Tonight

I sit at my desk, breathing in the energy of a lonely evening. I've accomplished so much today, yet I see the path grow longer still. I listen to the music that tears at my soul as it has so many times before and to the new ones that threaten to do the same for all eternity.

Can we pretend that the airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars? Cause I can use a wish right now. It's crawling through my skin, this feeling in the air tonight.

The blinking cursor hangs just above the body of the screen. Page 2/3. A job well done. A skeleton of a story with its organs strewn across the floor. It's missing some of its parts, they're in my head and my heart. And hopefully in my future. Relax, it's a metaphor.

It's night and soon I shall be in bed. But for now, I'm writing a blog, with a smile on my face and youtube in another tab, playing the random music that I've selected. I bounce to its beat and randomly write whatever pops in my head. God that bumble bee is big, I wonder what it's number is? See what I mean? It's a good day.

Why am I like this? I promised I wouldn't do anything like this. I would not go on tangents and pour my soul onto a page to let everyone see. Well right now, fuck it. Besides, I'm enjoying this.

Anyway, to make a little bit of sense, I've been writing and editing. Trying to get a little something done quickly. I feel if I get it done quickly, it'll be done and I can get it out of the way. I still have a half finished plot outline, but I could fill it in a little bit more with some of the concept dialogue that I've been doing. I'm also writing the first chapter so I can get the main character's voice in. I'm trying something I've never really tried before; first person, present tense. I'm trying to make it as loose as possible like stream of conscious sort of thing. I'm doing this for a couple of reasons. I want to show the character's development as gradual and subtle and because I'm lazy and I just want to write down the thoughts as quickly as possible :P.

But overall, I'm kind of optimistic with this project. We shall see how it goes. Thank you for putting up with this loose blog post, but I felt inspired.

Peace and blessings
Eric Rawlinson
20110210

1 comment:

  1. I love how u slipped in the chorus to airplanes. Lol. And in the infamous words of my dear Rob Shnieder- u can do it!

    ReplyDelete