Thursday, February 17, 2011

Chapter 6: Ugh...

I've been trying to write chapter 6 and it has just been a complete disaster. Well, not complete, but you know what I mean. I've decided to do something that I said I wouldn't do but I'll have to do it for the sake of my own sanity. I've decided to skip writing chapter 6 and move on to chapter 7. Chapter 7 is practically written in my head and I think the flow will be much smoother, especially with my moods as it is.

It's sad really. As I was saying to a friend last night, Chapter 6 contains a scene that is one of the foundations of the whole book, one of the concepts that actually created the story now and now it's not coming out right. Its funny how the story can evolve away from it original intentions and take meaning you could never even imagine before writing it. It truly is a journey. A journey I want to skip chapter 6 of, but a journey nonetheless.

Of course, as soon as I start writing chapter 7, I start validating some of the things I hate in chapter 6, which means I have to work with what I have more than I hoped. Go figure. Talk more about that when chapter 7 is finished.

Until then.

Peace and blessings
Eric Rawlinson
20110217

No comments:

Post a Comment